If you are interested in joining “Meet Africa” and are prepared to travel to Africa, you have to do the following:
- If you still have questions, you can send us an email (see Contact) or phone us (0031 6 53846849).
- Read the conditions.
- Once you know when you want to travel to Ghana, Cameroon or Malawi and what kind of voluntary work you want to do, you can fill out the form (through Contact) to find out if a place is available. Please also email us your motivation letter and CV.
- We will let you know if the place you desire is available. This is always a random indication; no reservations are made through email.
- After this email it is best to call Lianne van Rijssel in Holland as soon as possible. During this phone call we will discuss your plans and your possibilities. We can then reserve a place for you and send you the application form.
- When you fill out this form within a forthnight, sign and return it to us, you will be sure of your place (voluntary work and host family). You will also be obliged to pay the fee for your stay.
- You will receive a letter of confirmation. You will pay the fee to “Meet Africa” in Holland within a fortnight on receiving this letter. Now you can start all the necessary preparations for your journey.
- Book your flight as early as possible; thus you can book a seat at a favourable price. Dates of arrival in Ghana are on mondays evenings or Thuesday mornings. Departure dates for Cameroon or Malawi will be desided on together.
- Get the nessesary vaccinations and profylaxes for malaria.
- Apply for a visa at the Ghanaian or Cameronian embassy.
- Make sure you have a travel insurence covering volunteering abroad.
- If you travel during your period of stay (something we don’t recommend, it is better to travel after your working period) or if you leave your project before the end of this period, there will be no refund. But it is possible to extend your stay when this period ends (in that case you will possibly have to change host family or working place). An extension is only made in consultation with a member of the partner organization; you can pay the extra costs then.