- The costs for board and lodging and workshops must be paid at arrival in Tamale or Karimenga in Euros or in local currency (cedis) for the total duration of your reservation.
- At a reasonable fee the participant can be collected from the airport, get lodgings in a shared room for one or two nights, and meals during the day you spend in Accra. You must also pass on your flight information by email or by post to “Meet Africa” at least 6 weeks before your date of arrival. Should your flight be postponed, you should immediately inform “Meet Africa” so that we can pass on this information to the person who is going to meet you at the airport.
- We expect you to respect the local values and taboos. There is a list of some do’s and don’ts in the information booklet and at the offices of the projects in Ghana.
- We would like to recommend you not to donate and/or promise large amounts of money and/or materials (at values higher than Euros 100) to individual persons or institutions without the involvement of the partnerorganization. The reason for this is that this would disrupt the social relationships within the local community. This may result in envy, conflicts and the confirmation of the idea that white people are always rich and donate large sums of money, so that future volunteers are constantly confronted with requests for money and/or goods. However, donations to the partnerorganisation or other NGO’s are greatly appreciated. Please do this in a modest way, so that the local people you know cannot become angry or jealous. Of coarse you can also donate to other development projects, elsewhere in Africa.
- Refund of the advanced booking costs in case of cancellation by the participant takes place according to the following conditions: cancellation up to 2 months before departure: refund 50%. Cancellation within 2 months before departure: refund 0 %.
- Meet Africa in the Netherlands, Meet Africa Tamale and the Greenhouse Karimenga will do everything within its power to ensure that the participant has a good stay in Ghana, but under no circumstances can they be held responsible for inconveniences during the participant’s stay in Africa. The participant himself or herself is entirely responsible for the success of his/her stay in Africa. They will under no circumstances accept responsibility in case there are unexpected problems such as illness, theft, accidents or conflicts with the host family. However, of course we will do everything in our power to assist the participant.
- Complete cancellation of participation on the part of Meet Africa in The Netherlands – which can only take place in exceptional cases – will result in the refund to the booking costs.